NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide)
Unlock the Power of NAD+ for Optimal Metabolism and Longevity
- NAD+ stands for Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide
- NAD+ is a coenzyme of Niacin (Vitamin B3) that exists naturally in every cell. Niacin exists as nicotinic acid and nicotinamide. NAD takes part in over 100 metabolic functions in the cells. Its main function is energy production, important for normal functioning and well-being.
- NAD+ is also an essential component of the citric acid cycle (or Krebs cycle), a cellular process that produces energy for literally every cell and organ in the body.
- For energy production it reacts with O2 in mitochondria to produce ATP. Thus it enables the transfer of energy from the foods we eat to vital cell functions
- NAD+ is also an essential cofactor of key enzymes responsible for longevity called sirtuins – SIRT1 and SIRT3 – that are intimately involved in longevity through their control of gene expression. (SiRT enzymes are activated in calorie restriction also and they work in prolonging lifespan by increasing NAD+). Resveratrol and pterostilbene (more potent than resveratrol) also act by stimulating SIRT1 and SIRT3. SIRT enzymes appear to switch off genes that promote aging such as those that cause inflammation, fat synthesis and storage, and stabilization of blood sugar levels.
- Normal aging is accompanied by a noticeable increase in fatigue and loss of motivation. The tiredness we outwardly feel reflects inward impairment of cellular functions critical to sustaining life – mainly due to lack of NAD+.
- It is continuously transformed from NAD+ to NADH and back in the metabolic process in mitochondria. The ratio of NAD+/ NADH regulates the activity of various enzymes involved in different metabolic pathways.
- It is a powerful antioxidant in the body
- NAD+ levels decline with age.
- Replicates, protects, and repairs cells
- Enhances production of neurotransmitters, thus improving memory, concentration, and mood
- Efficiently utilize nutrients to produce the energy the cells need to function optimally.
- Detoxification – removing waste especially in the brain that interferes with neurotransmitters.
- Increases NO (Nitric oxide) production – improves blood flow and blood pressure.
- Improves vascular endothelial integrity,
- Reverses insulin resistance and quickly establishes blood glucose regulation.
- It is a powerful antioxidant anti-inflammatory agent.
- The brain uses 10 times more NAD+ for energy
- It is protective for the cells. NAD+ has important neuroprotective functions.
- NAD+ boosts metabolism and may help to lose weight.
- Prevents decaying of mitochondria which is a key factor in aging.
What Does NAD+ Do?
NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) is an essential coenzyme that plays a crucial role in the functioning of our cells. Not only does it replicate, protect, and repair cells, but it also enhances the production of neurotransmitters, leading to improved memory, concentration and mood. NAD+ efficiently utilizes nutrients to produce the energy cells need to function optimally.
Additionally, NAD+ plays a crucial role in detoxification, removing waste, especially in the brain, that interferes with neurotransmitters. It also increases NO (Nitric oxide) production, improving blood flow and pressure.
NAD+ improves vascular endothelial integrity, reverses insulin resistance, and quickly establishes blood glucose regulation. It’s a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that the brain uses ten times more NAD for energy.
NAD+ is protective for the cells and has critical neuroprotective functions. It boosts metabolism, may help to lose weight, and prevents the decay of mitochondria, which is a crucial factor in aging. Taking NAD+ supplements can help you to achieve optimal metabolism and longevity.
Do You Have A NAD+ Deficiency?
About 10% of the population suffer from irreversible chronic NED ( NAD Energy Deficiency). It is genetic; maternal mitochondria are not transmitted to the offspring. The decline in NAD from any cause can result in:
- Reduction in SIRT1 and SIRT3 leading to acceleration of aging process.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction and eventual cellular death.
- Chronic fatigue
- Weak immune system – infections, cancer
- Alcohol and drug addiction
- Muscle weakness and pain – fatty deposition in muscle tissue.
- Increased fat storage in liver and adipose tissue
- Lack of ambition
- Mood and anxiety disorders
Boosters and Injections - $40
B12 is a naturally occurring vitamin vital in red blood cell production, proper functioning of the circulatory and nervous systems, and brain function. Symptoms of low B12 can include fatigue, difficulty in remembering, lightheadedness, and constipation or diarrhea.
Great for hair, skin, and nails. Shown to reduce hair loss, improves acne and eczema symptoms, increases metabolism and weight loss, and improves blood glucose regulation.
A vitamin very difficult to absorb from a western diet and in the winter when days are shorter. Vitamin D is needed for bone, muscle and brain health. Replace vitamin D stores quickly and efficiently with injections.
Extra saline to help treat dehydration or to provide fluids and electrolytes!
(With purchase of an IV)
An anti-inflammatory pain medication.
An anti-nausea medication.