A New Anxiety Treatment in Wildwood, MO, Shows Promising Results in Patients
Nearly everyone experiences some form of anxiety. Whether it’s a new job or a tough conversation, we all get anxious. However, if anxiety keeps you from doing what you need and want to do, that’s a problem.
Look no further than ketamine for your anxiety treatment. This innovative approach has been shown to effectively reduce symptoms of anxiety in patients, offering a new alternative therapy option. Imagine being able to regain control of your thoughts and emotions, and to live your life to the fullest.
Don’t let anxiety hold you back any longer, explore the benefits of ketamine treatment for anxiety at Alive Health + Wellness in Wildwood, MO. Learn why ketamine is becoming the best treatment for anxiety for those who have treatment-resistant anxiety.
How Does Ketamine for Anxiety Work?
Recent evidence points to ketamine’s inhibitory effects on the NMDA receptor in the lateral habenula. The lateral habenula is a brain region primarily responsible for encoding negative rewards or anti-reward cause-and-effect relationships. Those with anxiety show an overactivity of burst firing in the lateral habenula. As a non-competitive NMDA antagonist, ketamine prevents glutamate from activating the NMDA receptor.
The inhibition of the NMDA receptor may cause a build-up of free glutamate, which then activates the AMPA receptors. When surplus glutamate activates the AMPA receptor, it releases a brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) chemical. BDNF, in interaction with the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), promotes new neural growth. This new growth may reroute the brain from hyperactive areas associated with negative reward signals, providing long-term relief from mental health and chronic pain conditions.
How Do You Know If You Have Anxiety?
- Excessive worry and fear: People with anxiety disorders often experience excessive worry and fear about everyday situations, such as work, school, or social events. This worry can be difficult to control and can interfere with daily activities.
- Restlessness and irritability: Anxiety can also cause restlessness and irritability, leading to difficulty concentrating and making decisions.
- Physical symptoms: Anxiety can also cause physical symptoms, such as a rapid heartbeat, muscle tension, sweating, and dizziness. These symptoms can be intense and can be mistaken for other medical conditions.
- Sleep problems: Anxiety can also cause problems such as difficulty falling or staying asleep. This can lead to fatigue and difficulty functioning during the day.
It’s also important to remember that everyone experiences anxiety differently. Some people may have only a few symptoms, while others may have many. The severity and frequency of symptoms can also vary from person to person.
Helping A Loved One Who Is Depressed
- Listen to them and validate their feelings. Let them know that their anxiety is real and that you understand what they’re going through.
- Encourage them to seek professional help. A therapist or counselor can help them develop coping strategies and work through the underlying issues that may be contributing to their anxiety.
- Help them develop a daily routine. Structure and predictability can be very helpful for people with anxiety.
- Help them to engage in physical activity and healthy eating habits. These can both help reduce anxiety symptoms.
- Encourage them to practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga.
- Be supportive and understanding. Avoid criticizing, judging, or dismissing their anxiety, and avoid trying to “fix” their problems for them.
- Help them to identify triggers that lead to their anxiety and help them to develop a plan for how to handle them.
It’s important to remember that everyone’s experience with anxiety is different, so you may need to try different strategies to see what works best for your loved one.
Getting Treatment for Anxiety
It is important for people to seek treatment for anxiety for several reasons. First, anxiety disorders can significantly impact a person’s mental health and overall well-being. Seeking treatment for anxiety disorders can also prevent the condition from becoming more severe or chronic.
Left untreated, anxiety disorders can develop into more severe forms of anxiety, such as panic disorder or agoraphobia, which can be more difficult to treat and significantly impact a person’s day to day quality of life.
Take the first step in overcoming Anxiety
If you or a loved one is struggling with anxiety, ketamine treatment may be an option worth considering. Research has shown that ketamine treatment for anixety can rapidly and effectively reduce symptoms of anxiety, even in individuals who have not responded to traditional treatments.
If you are interested in learning more about ketamine treatment for anxiety, book your ketamine consultation online today with Alive Health + Wellness.
Ready To Start Your Journey?
Book A Consultation
Get In Touch
Have a question or need more info? Send us an email and we will be glad to help you.